Thursday, October 31, 2019

Say a Prayer For My Friend

Just a note to anyone who reads this blog. If you are the praying type, I would appreciate your prayers for my friend who will be taking her third chemo treatment today. Today marks her halfway point through chemo and so far it’s been quite unpleasant. Every possible horror story you may have heard about chemo she has experienced. Despite it all she walks into that treatment center dressed to the nines, like she owns the place, head up and boldly confident. She slaps on her headphones and listens to upbeat praise music and lets them pump three bags of poison into her blood stream for eight hours. She says they call the third bag the red devil because it’s filled with not only a witch’s brew of toxins but also a cocktail of drugs designed to relax her for the hour and a half drive home.

When she tells me this I try to imagine myself having to submit to such a thing and I just can’t. The only way I could make it thru eight hours of sitting that still would be for them to give me the red devil first, otherwise I would be a raving lunatic and disturb all the other patients. But, my friend possesses other worldly determination not to be victimized by the trauma of it all. There will be not sweatpants for my friend. No, she strides in there dressed for success, large and in charge. I would love to be a fly on the wall, watching her make her swaggering entrance...but I’m not sure there is an IV small enough for my little fly arms, because even as a fly, I would have to be heavily sedated!!

So, again...if you believe in prayer, as you go about your day today, offer one up for my brave friend.\

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment