Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Game Seven!!!!!!

Since I’m going to be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, I’ve decided to keep an in game blog of my observations during Game Seven. I am doing this not because I think I might have some profound insight, but rather to keep me relatively calm by giving me something to do during commercial breaks and pitching changes..etc..

- Decent National Anthem. Some country singer I had never heard of with the good sense not to butcher the song and the upbringing that prevented him from wearing that God-awful hat while he was singing.

-Whenever I see Ken Rosenthal on TV I want to bring him home and build him a tiny little house to play in out back.

-I wonder if Juan Soto gets his hair cut for half price, since the barber obviously quit halfway thru.

-Adam Eaton is the type of guy I would hate if he were on any other team. What a pest.

-Max Scherzer looks like a really angry assassin. 97 mph in the first inning. Whoa.

-Pretty much can’t stand Bregman, so consequently love watching him make an out.

-I’m really, really surprised that Charlize Theron drinks Budweiser.

-Gurriel is tough. Hit a good pitch.

- Great catch by Soto. Now, lets get some runs boys!

-Altuve is great. How does he put THAT pitch into left field??

-I don’t want to jinx him but this umpire hasn’t missed a pitch yet. A huge improvement over the last two nights.

-Max is grinding.

-I vow never to enter a Taco Bell franchise for as long as I live just from spite for these stupid commercials.

-Let’s try hitting them to someone besides the pitcher.

-Greinke is dealing. Between him and Rendon they look like they are sleep walking through the game.

- Houston keeps leaving men on base. This could come back to haunt them. Trick knee is telling me that Washington can win this game the longer it goes on this close. But at some point we need to stop hitting ground balls to Greinke.

-Huge moment. Two on. Correa at the plate. Max needs to get out of this!! Just one run. We’re still alive.

-Good Lord. Greinke looks like the reincarnation of Cy Young. Our guys taking fastballs right over the middle of the plate and swinging at everything else. Totally off balance. Looks like we are going out with a whimper. So...I have changed viewing strategies and am now upstairs in the recliner, watching the game on the MLB app. A reverse rally cap of sorts.

-One of the most terrifying phrases any Nationals fan can hear? “Tanner Rainey now warming up in the bullpen.”

-Anthony Rendon, superstar...and now Greinke out of the game. Here we go.

-HOWIE FREAKING KENDRICK 

-And now the Astros bring in their wife beating closer in the seventh inning. 

-Corbin...the guy we could afford to sign after we got rid of Harper pitches two great innings in game seven. Yes.

-We need to get six outs, which would be much easier with a few more runs. Come on boys.

-That’s what I’m talking about!! Juan, Juan Juan!!!!

-Three more outs. Dear God in heaven, saints preserve us!!!!

- I swear, if Davey brings Fernando Rodney into this game, I might spend the rest of my life in prison.

-I will feel so much better about our ability to get these last three outs if we can score a couple more in the top half of the ninth. Bases loaded...I will never get to sleep tonight...YES!!! Adam Eaton!!!! I cannot believe what I’m seeing!!

- Ok...Here we go...three outs to get, four run lead.

ARGHGHHHHH!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment