Friday, November 1, 2019

Decisions, Decisions...

Here’s the forecast for Short Pump for the next five days...Sunny. High temperatures in the upper 50’s, lows in the middle 30’s. That, my friends, is perfect fall weather. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

So, this morning, my friend is recovering nicely from yesterday’s chemo. She is under doctor’s orders to work from home for the next few days with no contact with people and lots of rest. Accordingly, I felt that my dad Joke game needed to be top level this morning. So I sent her these three:

What do you say when a knight from Prague puts on his armor?

...the Czech is in the mail

What’s the best way to watch a fishing tournament?

...live stream

I hadn’t planned on visiting the family over Christmas, but Mom promised to make Eggs Benedict, so I decided to go...

...home for the Hollandaise 

In case you people have been living in a cave, I guess you’ve noticed that there’s an election next week. If you have a mail box, you have no excuse for not knowing that there’s an election because 80% of the mail you have gotten for the past month has been election related. I’m starting to think that the only thing keeping the USPS afloat financially is election junk mail. But, it must work or why would they send so stinking much of it? The closer we get to Election Day, the more hysterical the mail becomes. Have you noticed that? I read the fliers and think...what a bunch of losers. Check these out...


So, this Rodman women is depicted as the Hindenburg and Dunnavant as the Space Shuttle. Well, that settles it, right? Why on earth would I want to send a gas-filled blimp to the State Capital? Don’t we have enough of them already?? Especially one with such poor taste in eyewear. This add is for this woman’s opponent but there’s no picture of her opponent not even a mention of her name...just three pictures of these horrible glasses...



But wait. Not so fast. Apparently, this Dunnavant woman is in favor of more and more gun violence...


But, if that decision isn’t difficult enough, now I have to deal with being publicly shamed for my less than stellar voting record...


There it is for all the world to see. My neighbors, Allison, Charles, Andrew, Brittany, and David are all more civically engaged than I am. When I first saw this piece I thought, “great! This is like 8th grade geometry all over again. Damn B- !!” But upon further investigation I discovered that the Republican Party was not impressed with the fact that I had not voted in either of the last two primary elections, thus my lower grade...



Well, you can’t argue with the facts. I mean, my neighbors are doing their part. I feel so ashamed of myself.

You know, it’s this sort of thing that makes me question the entire democratic experiment with self government. Is this the type of thing that James Madison and Thomas Jefferson had in mind? I’ve got to walk into the voting booth next week trying to remember which woman is the Hindenburg and which one was the Space Shuttle? 

Ahh...democracy in 2019










No comments:

Post a Comment