Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Our Fall Getaway in Pictures

Ever wonder what it would be like to be forced off the internet? The Dunnevant family is finding out! The lovely cabin we rented for our Fall getaway was advertised as having WiFi, which is technically true, I suppose, since it does have a network. But we have come to the conclusion that the router must be powered by two gerbils spinning a treadmill...somewhere back in Short Pump. To call the internet around here slow is to abuse that word. The internet at Carolina Dreamin aspires to one day be slow.

So, I will write this post, attach some of the pictures I’ve taken, then attempt to publish the finished product. If I’m lucky, it will appear on Facebook sometime before we leave for home on Monday!


Ok, what is wrong with this picture? This was taken Thursday night after dinner and before any of the kids arrived. Lucy is resting. I am resting. Pam is doing dishes. Now that I think about it...there is nothing wrong with this picture!


We finally got to meet this very good boy, Frisco. All of us fell head over heels for this adorable, lovable goof ball. By the way, Patrick and Sarah are going to make excellent parents someday!



...I was clearly his favorite.


Of course. Jon and Kaitlin brought my favorite wrecking ball, galloping galoot of a dog to ever to grace this earth with his presence...Jackson. 


I am clearly his favorite.

Occasionally I had to have stern talks with them about the proper way to interact with the new puppy. Here, Lucy and Jackson listen intently to my admonition about patience being a virtue when dealing with little Frisco.


Here, Pam lectures all three of them about the importance of sharing their toys.


Here’s a shot of Sarah urging them to put their paws together in solidarity. Jackson was unmoved by such crass sentimentality.


Frisco, wondering what kind of family he has gotten himself mixed up with.


Just in case you’re wondering if we took any pictures without the puppers...yes. 


I am clearly her favorite.















No comments:

Post a Comment