Friday, August 23, 2019

Three Awesome (terrible) Dad Jokes

Today is Friday, the 23rd of August, the very essence of the Dog Days of Summer. The humidity sits at 98%. It is not currently raining, but the weather people assure us that we are in for a deluge later today. Delightful.

So, what better time than now to share some organically grown, world class Dad Jokes?

Many of you ask me where I come up with so many Dad Jokes. Truth is, it takes lots of research and Googling. But, sometimes they just come to me. Other times, my kids send them to me, egging me on. I’m not sure why they do this. I would think that my propensity for Dad Jokes might be a source of embarrassment for them, and yet, just the other day my Son sent me this text...


Now...that’s a great Dad Joke, people.

Then, a couple of hours later, Facebook shared one of those “Memories” from several years ago which featured this exchange between my daughter and my wife...

Pam: What’s the best way to throw an eclipse party?.........You planet!!

Kaitlin: There’s entirely too much lunarcy in this family.

Two excellent DJ’s.

Finally, yesterday my wife bought a new computer from the Apple store. To her great surprise, they gave her a $345 pair of Beats headphones in the bargain. Since I was the one who had gifted her the money to buy the computer she graciously gave them to me. So, last night I thought I would share my news with Patrick to get his opinion on the quality or lack thereof of these particular headphones. I sent him the following two photographs...

  

Then, I sheepishly added a third...


...with the tagline, “They’re even endorsed by a real doctor”

You could practically feel the eye roll all the way from Nashville. Major Dad points with that one!!









No comments:

Post a Comment