Friday, April 14, 2023

A Clean Bill of Health!

My day started with a cellphone call which interrupted me in the middle of my sit-ups regime. A client was on the other end asking me if she had gotten her wires crossed, “I’m at your office for our 8:30 appointment.” I assured her that it was supposed to be for 10:00, but that I would be there in a flash. I cut my workout short, jumped in the shower, got dressed and walked in the door at 9:00 sharp. When I looked in my appointment book, there she was, clear as day…booked in precisely at 8:30 am Friday morning, the 14th of April.

I suppose it safe to say that I had much on my mind these past few weeks. This was the second such crossed-wired appointments screwup for me since my unfortunate running incident back in March. But today was the day I was to get some answers from the doctor, so to mark the occasion, I woke up with yet another swollen eye! Oh, the mysterious power of stress.

There was nothing but good news from the nurse practitioner. All of the fears I had about my mitral valve repair having gone bad proved unfounded. Remarkably, my heart is in terrific shape. Every test I endured had the same result…a healthy, correctly beating heart. Although the heart monitor I wore for two weeks did report a couple of racing episodes, they were when I was sound asleep and caused her no alarm. My stress test  extra beats episode was nothing out of the ordinary. In short, I am fine. So, when I asked her, “Then what the heck happened to me  during that run??”, she answered, “I don’t know. Maybe you were dehydrated or your electrolytes were out of whack, and certainly if it happens again you need to tell us, but from everything I’m looking at, your heart is fine!” This was the proverbial clean bill of health.

So, aside from the fact that my bank account is a little lighter, I could not be happier. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been praying for me and sending me encouragement along the way. It was and is appreciated.

Tomorrow morning, I’m going for a run, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment