Wednesday, March 18, 2020

This Ain’t The Blitz...

Apparently there is something called Google Hangout which allows you to have a video conference call with multiple parties. I’m sure there are other similar services out there in the amazing world of technology. But leave it to my wife to find one that not only works like a glitch-free charm, but is FREE. Anyway, there we were last night, Pam downstairs on the sofa, me upstairs in my recliner, with all four of my kids and both of my Grandpups appearing like magic on my iPad screen. We talked and laughed and shared our concerns about this stupid virus for over an hour. Occasionally one of the pups would do something adorable on screen and we would all laugh. We each shared our concerns about working from home and potentially being locked down. We talked about food supply, money issues, etc. Pam and I got to see their faces, a huge relief for both of us. And it costs us nothing.





Listen folks, as disturbing as all of this is, lets be clear...this ain’t the Blitz, people. This isn’t London in 1940. We’re not hunkered down in bomb shelters praying that our number doesn’t come up. This isn’t Europe in the Middle Ages when the Black Death swept thru and killed 50 million people, six out every ten people. Heck, this isn’t even the Spanish Flu of 1918 which not only killed untold millions but diabolically targeted the young. I am not minimizing anything. This COVID-19 thing is a deadly serious public health crisis. But we have tools to help us get through the inconvenience and isolation of the remedy in ways that our ancestors couldn’t possibly have imagined. It is, despite the current evidence, a marvelous time to be alive.

Speaking of things that are marvelous...

Apparently in Germany panic buying of sausage and cheese has broke out...
It's the Wurst Käse scenario.

COVID spelled backwards is DIVOC.
Which is appropriate since I have no idea what DIVOC is going on.

Everywhere I look on the internet there are memes with word play about the Coronavirus.
It’s a global pundemic.

I just landed a small part in a new movie about the Coronavirus.
I’m a Corona extra.

Did you guys here about the Mosque here in Richmond that got hit with the Coronavirus?
The entire congregation has been placed in a Qurantine...

No comments:

Post a Comment