Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Bio Pic Search

In preparation for the publication of my novel, I am creating an author website on the advice of my publisher. This will be a site where people can come to learn about me, the book, my blog, and also an ideal place to purchase said book. Actually, “I” am doing no such thing. Pam will be the creator of this website because when it comes to this sort of thing she is amazingly talented, as everyone in our neighborhood knows every time they receive the Wythe Trace Newsletter. 

So yesterday she sends me a text telling me that she will be scouring through our 10,000 plus digital photograph library to find an appropriate one to serve as the Bio picture for this website. This would save us the hassle and expense of having to pay a professional for headshots. After a while she sends me this one with the simple caption: Bio Picture??


Ahh yes…who could forget last summer’s Nudity Day on Quantabacook? 

But, two can play this game, I thought. So, I countered with this beauty from that time I had an allergic reaction to something which caused both of my eyes to swell…


Not to be deterred she sent me this classic…


Ultimately she decided on a more conventional shot which she sent me along with this observation: “That right there is a guy that makes my heart skip a beat.”


…To which I replied, “Great! All we need in this family is someone else with an irregular heartbeat!”

To any kids out there who might stumble across this post, here’s my advice—marry someone who makes you laugh.








No comments:

Post a Comment