Friday, June 16, 2023

Searching For a Caption

Two weeks from today Pam and I will arrive on the shores of Quantabacook in Mid-Coast Maine to begin our six week sanity break. Along the way we will entertain six different guests. Two of them will be Kaitlin and Jon. This is a photograph that she has in a frame in her dining room. I’m pretty sure that Pam took this one. Its an all-timer because it perfectly captures the essence of Maine and what we do there. This is the vibe. The lake is where we all get a chance to just…be, to spend time talking about anything and everything. I have often thought about writing a caption for this picture. What were we talking about?


“No Dad…you can’t call someone from the Middle East a ‘towelhead’!!”

“The designated hitter rule is ruining baseball.”

“Just so you know, father, that hat is not flattering.”

“Then I turned to the Oriental waitress and I said…”

“No dad, no…that’s not good either. Its ‘Asian”. 

“I’m worried about Mom. She only spent six hours on her paddle board yesterday.”

So, why do Irishmen make such great bankers?

I have no idea, Dad.

Because their capital is always Dublin.

…sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment