Thursday, July 14, 2022

Lucy’s Scary Adventure

Lucy had a big day yesterday. She got to accompany Pam while she was on the kayak and the paddle board…



But then everything when to heck in a hand basket. Wait…let me let Lucy describe what happened:

“Was having great day. Lots of swimming, loads of smells, ate at least a dozen flies. But then loud horrible noises from across lake. Sound like fireworks, but it not dark and no lights in sky. This just hekkin’ loud noises from invisible place. Of course, I tuck tail and start shaking like any sensible dogger would, but my humans act like it totally normal for loud booms to be blasting in ears. They tell me everything be alright but I not believe them. Sound like invasion of cats with guns. I hear Dad say it skeet-shooting like that suppose to make me feel better. Fluffing ridicurus. After I pace around and whine Mom finally put on thunder shirt, and even though she cooking dinner in cramped kitchen, I not leave her side. If she have to step over me, small price to pay to keep me safe from skeet-shoot cats.”



When I woke up this morning Lucy was nowhere to be found in our bedroom, either on the bed or the floor…a first. I found her dead to the world on the futon Pam had set up for her to sleep on but she had ignored up to this point, preferring our small bed instead. Maybe she was mad at us for not taking the whole skeet-shooter thing seriously enough, who knows?


This morning its raining, not too hard and it looks like its already clearing up. Low 70’s today. Might be time to break out a puzzle. Caught a couple more nice bass, two off the dock and the other on my first kayak trip of the week. The back held up quite well.






No comments:

Post a Comment