Thursday, April 15, 2021

Playing With Fire

My wife and kids did a very nice thing for me for my birthday...


That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, this is a Weber Spirit 300. My old grill had succumbed to the ravages of overuse, wind, rain and other miscellaneous  tumults of nature. It was a far lesser Weber-Wannabe and I have always wanted to upgrade. It was delivered yesterday. I read every word of the manual...a first for me. In it I was informed that I needed to perform an initial 20 minute burn, whereby I was to light the grill, place it on the highest setting, and close the lid. 



Just short of 600 degrees. My old grill never once hit 500 in nearly ten years of use. Last night for it’s maiden voyage, I decided on hamburgers. Using a new grill for the first time is not always a pleasant experience. Every grill has its own quirks and idiosyncrasies. But the Weber made it easy on me by providing me with this handy cheat sheet...


Their suggestion for hamburgers was followed and they turned out perfectly. As a bonus, the good people at Weber provided me with two other copies of this cheat sheet...in Spanish and French!

I am looking forward to years of delicious meat sizzling on this baby, the smells, the sounds, the carcinogens!




No comments:

Post a Comment