Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A New Diet

Ok, when I got home from the beach I received a rather rude message from the bathroom scales. It was not altogether unexpected since I did spend the week indulging myself. There were after all, bags of chips, not to mention two dozen Krispi Kreme doughnuts and more adult beverages than normal. I had nurtured the hope that some of the damage would be mitigated by all the walking/running I did all week on the beach, over 12 miles of it...but alas, the digital number staring back at me from the scale was the largest such number ever recorded...202.7 

However, there is good news to report. This morning that same scale says...197.7...the results of this fabulous new diet I’ve discovered. It’s called the, Stop Shoving Everything That Isn’t Nailed Down Into Your Piehole All Day Diet. For me this means no chips, chocolate, ice cream, airheads, or doughnuts. In other words, I only eat at meal time. My only “snack” is an apple or orange once a day. Of course, five days does not an effective diet make, but so far, taking myself off grazing mode has been quite effective. If I can get down to 190 by that blessed day when we leave for Maine, I’ll be thrilled. For those of you keeping score at home that would be 78 days from now.

Speaking of Maine, yesterday we discovered that a beautiful piece of land on Quantabacook came up for sale, 17 acres on the West Bank of the lake. Two problems...we don’t need 17 acres and its on an island, so to come and go would require a boat, which sounds charming but would be annoying after a while. But people...its on one of the most beautiful parts of the lake. Pam has that look in her eyes every time she speaks of it. It would mean, building a house on a piece of land 800 miles away, picking an architectural plan and a contractor. A couple years ago we watched a crew of workers cross the lake every morning building a house on the point of this island. We heard stories of them hauling truckloads of heavy equipment across the frozen lake during the winter. The finished product is beautiful. Our Realtor is scouting out the details as we speak. If this piece of land was on any other lake we wouldn’t even give it a second thought. But...its Quantabacook.




No comments:

Post a Comment