Monday, April 12, 2021

April in Short Pump

Back to the grind today. Actually looking forward to it. I haven’t seen my office peeps in a while due to the recent unpleasantness. I’ve spent quite a lot of time worrying about them. It will be nice to see their faces. What will not be nice for the next couple of weeks is this:


Yes, the middle of April can only mean two things, baseball and pollen are back. This is the table on the deck in my back yard. I sprayed it off late yesterday afternoon, woke up this morning and it looked like this. Yet another reason to wear your masks, people. Can you imagine what the inside of your lungs looks like after a day out in this?

So yesterday was supposed to be the day when my birthday present from the family was delivered, my brand spanking new Weber Spirit 300 gas grill! We got the call from Lowe’s that it was on its way. Pam had made a grocery list for five dinners to cook on the grill. I was psyched. Then the truck arrived and there it was, tethered to the side panels of the truck...the wrong grill. Calls were made back and forth. Their mistake. When would we have the correct grill delivered? Maybe by Thursday. Pam on the phone to Lowe’s: “What am I supposed to do with all these meals I’ve planned that require a grill?? All was not lost though, we did get this:



One last thing...yesterday was probably the worst Master’s of all time. First of all, without the grandstands up, you could see, gasp!, brown patches. Second of all, the greens looked patchy and weedy. But worst of all was the last group of the day which included the eventual winner, the Japanese golfer, Hideki Matsuyama. It took the two of them nearly two hours to play the first six holes. I’ve seen faster play during Octogenarian’s Day at Belmont! Both of these guys need to actually watch footage of themselves taking five minutes to decide whether or not to hit a gap wedge or a sand wedge. Painful. However, this was pretty cool:


Congratulations to Matsuyama and the nation of Japan.




No comments:

Post a Comment