Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Bottom of the Barrel

As most of you know, I’ve been sending three jokes a day to a friend of mine with cancer for the past seventeen months. She has completed the course of treatment which included much chemo, several surgeries and a host of other side effects. She is cancer free and getting stronger by the day, but it has been a brutal slog. Still, I send her jokes, not every day anymore, but I still send her jokes. Once you start doing something, it becomes a habit, I suppose. At some point, I expect she will turn on me and say something like, “No really Doug...you can stop anytime!!” This morning would have been a golden opportunity for her to put a stop to the harassment...

Just blew the sugar off my doughnut.

....dieting is so hard.


My ex-wife still misses me.

But, her aim is starting to improve.


How do pigeons elect their leaders?

They don’t. Pigeons can only gain power through a cooo d’etat.


I believe it fair to say that the bottom of the barrel has finally been reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment