Monday, October 5, 2020

Rock Painting

The early morning is dreary. The sky is low and there’s a stiff breeze. But Pam and Lynn are out there in their kayaks anyway. By 9:00 0’clock it will be bright and sunny. After breakfast, the two of them will get busy with Pam’s latest thing...


Pam collected these seven rocks from all around the property yesterday, cleaned them up and let them dry overnight. Today they will paint them in cheerful colors and designs, then place them strategically around the grounds of Loon Landing for the owners to find...like Easter eggs that you can’t eat. She did this at Loon Call back in July...



In other words, this is the sort of thing that would never have entered my mind as something to do. Never. It is just yet another dimension of my wife that I admire, her endless artistic inclinations and thoughtfulness. Maybe at some point I will try my hand at rock painting. The problem will be, what sort of thing would I paint on a rock? They aren’t big enough for a dad joke. I don’t have the requisite skill to paint a picture of something. I’m not good at one word cheerfulness. Maybe irony or sarcasm...but how on so small a canvas...Wait, how about:

LUCY
 2020
That might work! I’ll publish pictures of the final products.


No comments:

Post a Comment