Wednesday, September 9, 2020

With Friends Like Me...

So, my friend is having a colonoscopy today. She's had a rough couple of weeks, what with her reconstructive surgery getting cancelled last minute when the surgeon had to quarantine for COVID. Now, she’s been fasting for the last 36 hours leading up to today’s procedure. So, what do I do to encourage her through these dark hours? This:
















Does this make me a terrible person? Perhaps. Showing someone images of delicious food when they are fasting and starving to death might be considered thoughtless and cruel to some. However, to others it will be seen for what it is...a fiendishly clever ploy to make the recipient of such photographs simultaneously amused and angry, and temporarily distracted from her hunger. Instead of obsessing over how starved she feels, she is now wondering what she ever did to deserve having a friend like me?! I think her personal favorite was this next one I sent her with the subtitle: You, on the ride home after your colonoscopy...




No comments:

Post a Comment