Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Halfway Point

Yesterday we reached the halfway point of our vacation in Maine, but who’s counting? The weather has been much improved of late. Yesterday was supposed to be a washout, but instead the sun broke through around two o’clock, giving us a delightful sun-splashed afternoon on the lake. We took full advantage...




So, I just finished chatting with my friend in Buena Vista. She was telling me about how a recent setback she had had concerning her business life had been resolved. This particular issue really had thrown her for a loop back when it happened, causing her to go into a funk for several days. I tried to walk her through it back when it happened, but nothing I said helped very much. Well, it has all worked out incredibly well...the best possible scenario for her. So she’s telling me all about it this morning, talking about how God had answered her prayers, etc, etc.. How did I respond to this great news?

Me: See? All that bellyaching you did was for nothing!

This is why I would make the world’s worse Minister, or even worse...the world’s worst Psychiatrist! Luckily for me, my friend has known me for nearly 40 years, and understands what I was really trying to say. That’s the thing with friends, they have the power to look past your rough edges.

Ok, the last photograph was from last night’s sunset. Kaitlin and Jon took the canoe out, while I was in a kayak and Pam was on her paddle board. We paddled out around the island in front of our cove which blocks our view around 8 o’clock last night. Once you get around the corner of the island the lake opens up, providing a panoramic view from east to west of over a mile of open water. There’s something magical and enchanting about floating in fifty feet of clean lake water, hundreds of yards from land, watching the sun set as it lights up the clouds in pastels of pink, orange and lavender. By the time we made it back to the dock it was nearly dark. The only thing left to do at that point was go to the cabin and eat whoopie-pies. 

So, we did.








No comments:

Post a Comment