Wednesday, July 29, 2020

What’s YOUR Plan Today?

On this morning, I am thankful. Everywhere I look people are suffering. I am not, and for this I am grateful.

I am thankful that my health is good, that nobody I am close to has come down with COVID.

I am thankful that my business has not been set upon by rock-throwing rioters, indeed, that I have a business that has been able to weather the disruptions of 2020.

I am thankful that I no longer have school aged children with all of the impending disruptions that virtual learning will visit upon those families.

I am thankful that my kids are healthy, employed and safe.

But, many of my clients haven’t been so fortunate. Many are hurting, their health and their fortunes are being compromised by things that they cannot control. Some have been furloughed, others have lost their jobs entirely. Seed corn which had been set aside for the future is being eaten now out of necessity.

My job, as I currently understand it, is to be on the lookout for people who haven’t been so lucky. Is there someone I will encounter today to whom I might be a blessing? Will God place someone in my path today who I am uniquely suited to help? If he does, will I be paying close enough attention to notice...and act? That’s the plan today. It’s the plan every day. Wish me luck.

All that is being asked of me at the moment, in exchange for all of this good fortune, is to wear a freaking mask when I enter a public accommodation.

I got this.




No comments:

Post a Comment