Thursday, March 28, 2019

Once More, Unto the Breach

Every time I publish a blog about baseball, I am always disappointed how few of you bother to read. It’s like you’re all saying, Oh no...Another baseball blog! Doesn’t he realize how 1950’s baseball is? Why doesn’t he get on board with football, soccer or UFC?? Each time I see the abysmal readership numbers I sigh and sulk for a couple of days. But then I remind myself that this is my blog, and I can write about anything I want, and if my readership doesn’t have the same passion for baseball that I do..well, thats their problem. I will not be cowed into jumping on the NBA bandwagon, or the train wreck that is international soccer. So...for the 16 of you out there who are interested...here is my eagerly awaited(?) baseball predictions blog!!

American League East....Boston Redsox

Although the evil empire has an impressive lineup and the full throated endorsement of ESPN, they still don’t have the starting pitching of the Red Sox, or Mookie Betts.

American League Central....Cleveland Indians

Despite the timid, defeatist support of Sam Issacs, The Indians possess the best starting pitching in baseball, and have the advantage of playing in the worst division in the Major Leagues.

American League West...Houston Astros

The Astros still have the best lineup and the best pitching in the division, and despite Mike Trout and his $450 gazillion dollar contract, last time I checked...he can’t pitch.

Wild Card....New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners

                                                                                                          ###

National League East....Washington Nationals

The Nats will rebound from their disappointing 2018 campaign by winning this division because of their fantastic starting pitching. Even though they struggled to score runs with Bryce Harper last year, having Soto for a full year and the emergence of Robles along with the addition of two terrific catchers, it’s their division to win.

National League Central....Chicago Cubs

Yes, their starting pitchers are good but old, they have the best game manager in the game and I suspect Kris Bryant will have a bounce back year. If, suddenly Jason Heyward can finally play up to his talent, and Kyle Schwarber puts together a decent year, they might even be great.

National League West....Los Angeles Dodgers

The return of Corey Seager and the trading away of Yasiel Puig (classic addition by subtraction), should be all the Dodgers need to repeat in this very good and competitive division

Wild Card....Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies

American League MVP...Mike Trout

American League Cy Young....Chris Sale

National League MVP....Nolan Arenado

National League Cy Young....Stephen Strasburg 

No comments:

Post a Comment