Thursday, April 4, 2024

Big Announcement Post!

Several weeks ago I published a blog post announcing the creation of my Author Webpage. Here’s the link… https://dougdunnevant.com/.

Now comes another announcement. We have a date and venue for the Book Launch Party for A Life of Dreams. Pam has added an RSVP link to the Author Page. The party will be at 7:00 pm Monday night, May 6th at the Hanover Arts and Recreation Center in Ashland, Virginia.

If you’re anything like me, before maybe five weeks ago, you’re probably wondering “What the heck is a launch party?” My first introduction to this came from someone at my publisher who insisted that I needed to have one, and since I am nothing if not cooperative, here we are. Essentially a launch party is where authors invite anyone and everyone they know who can read to attend a party where a charming emcee interviews them about what their inspirations were for writing the book in question, what the creative process was like. Then the author reads a chapter from the book. Afterwards there is time for Q&A from the assembled throng. Then the author sits down at a table where everyone in the crowd rushes forward to buy an autograph copy from the future Pulitzer Prize winner. The trouble is, who in the world is going to come out on a random Monday night for a first time author’s book launch? What happens if you rent the space, get it all decked out for the night and then nobody shows up? Excellent question.

Like every thing else about this endeavor, absolutely nothing is guaranteed. It might be a wonderful and profitable experience or it might be an embarrassing bust. But its too late to back out now. I’m betting on myself and this book.

So, if you’re reading this it means that Pam has added the RSVP link on my website. If you would like to come we need you to click on that link and let us know. This will help us with the planning. It will mean the world to me to see you there.

Honestly, there is a part of me that still can’t quite believe this is happening. I was on Amazon.com the other day and saw this and thought…


…is this even real? There’s got to be some mistake! But now I’ve got boxes of books in my library and I’m as jacked up as a 12 year old after two bags of Skittles.


So, I would love to see you Monday night the 6th of May at 7:00. Go to my webpage. RSVP. Show up. Then say a prayer for me that I don’t pass out during the reading.














2 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to be part of the throng of people! I’ll bring Skittles.

    ReplyDelete