Friday, June 10, 2022

Lucy at the Lake

I have mentioned often how much Lucy loves going to Maine, what a marvelous traveler she is, how much she adores the water. But its hard to explain it adequately with words. Explaining anything about the time we spend in Maine is a challenge. Although I’m pretty good with words I never feel like I’m able to convey the emotional impact the place has on all of us. When I scan through the thousands of pictures we’ve taken, the ones that come closest to capturing the feeling have one thing in common…Lucy is in them. Here are just a few:


I am the boss of the dock.


Always willing to assist Dad when he takes a nap.


And make sure he stays safe when he takes the kayak out.



I can’t let this one out of my sight.



Fetching my frisbee like its my job…because it is.


Guarding dad whenever he goes on a hike…



And, there are LOTS of hikes…



I help Dad fish.



…by inspecting each catch.


For some reason, whenever Mom and Dad leave me at the cabin alone they feel the need to spy on me…so I make sure to give them many different poses.


…then every now and then I act like there’s an intruder just to mess with them a little.



I love our house…


Sunsets are the best.



My happy place.










3 comments: