Monday, March 7, 2022

Witness










This is what was waiting for me this morning in my inbox. I publish them here as a reminder of what life is like for the Ukrainian people today. Yes, I know that if I search long enough I can find equally inhumane treatment of people all over the world from Africa to Asia and everywhere in between. Yes, I know that there are homeless people everywhere, even here. Yes, yes…

But there is something especially disturbing about seeing innocent people fleeing their own homes because of a hostile invasion by the kind of nation that doesn’t hesitate to open fire on fleeing refugees. Enough with the moral equivalence arguments. It doesn’t diminish the suffering of one group of people to acknowledge the suffering of others. There’s trouble all over…and it’s all terrible.

But, we are all witnesses to this.



No comments:

Post a Comment