Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A Culinary Triumph

Like 90% of all husbands, I feel a fair amount of guilt around Christmas. I watch my wife running around like a chicken with her head cut off, shopping, baking, planning for the thousand details involved with the season. Meanwhile, all I have to do is get the Christmas lights to come on without burning the house down. I spent maybe two hours today finishing up my shopping. So, for the next 10 days I will drift through the house trying to make myself useful while Pam worries herself to death sweating Christmas logistics. 

But tonight, I actually was useful. My wife had plans to meet the ladies of her family for a birthday dinner for her niece. That meant that I was on my own for dinner. She said I could either get takeout or make the chili she had planned to make before the birthday plans. I decided on making the chili…




Frankly, it was a triumph. I felt quite proud of myself. And now we have leftovers!








No comments:

Post a Comment