Saturday, November 13, 2021

The Art of Overdoing Things

I already know that I will overdo it today. First of all, it’s Saturday, the day suited to overdoing things. And second of all, in two weeks all of my kids and grand pups will be here for Thanksgiving, so the yard has to be in top shape. When there are three retrievers romping around in the yard, it needs to be ready. In addition to all the yard work, this afternoon I have a shift at Hope Thrift. So, by the time all of that is done, Pam will be telling me…I told you so. But, here’s the thing, I love yard work. Ever since my dad gave me full responsibility for our lawn back when I was 12 years old, I have enjoyed nothing quite so much as putzing around in the yard. Besides, when you spend your days trying to explain abstractions like the time value of money, Asset allocation, and diversification for a living, doing yard work feels like salvation. It is measurable and progress can be photographed. A wonderful thing.

So, here are a few before and after pictures of my toil today for your edification…

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE



AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER



BEFORE



AFTER



Every sore muscle, every cramp, worth it. 














No comments:

Post a Comment