Friday, June 19, 2020

Seven Days

One week. One week from today. Actually, more like one week from this very moment, Pam and I will be backing out of our driveway to begin the two day, 15 hour road trip to Loon Call Cottage in Union, Maine. At least that’s the plan. Something inside of me won’t quite let me believe that it will actually happen, visions of some last second national emergency stay-at-home order being proclaimed from on high keep dancing around in my head. So, I will believe it when I’m on the road.

We both will get our COVID tests on Wednesday the 24th, 72 hours before our planned arrival in The Pine Tree State, as per their Governor’s directive. We will check in to our cottage on the afternoon of the 27th. The first 24 hours will be filled with unpacking, making the place our own, arranging things to best accommodate our living preferences, buying groceries, organizing the inside and the dock to our liking. It will probably be the morning of the 29th, a Monday, when we will wake up and realize that ...we made it, we’re here, and now everything will be alright!

For the duration of the month of July, most of my Blog posts will be about our experiences, filled with pictures. Many of you will enjoy reading all about it, a lot of you won’t. Which is fine. You can’t please everyone. Speaking of which...

Yesterday’s post about the whole Aunt Jemima thing was crazy. It was the most read post I have written all year, but it was completely unique in one way. Never in the ten year history of this blog have I written such a widely read post that produced virtually no comments. Usually when something pops like that people have lots to say about it. This one?..crickets. I can only assume that most of you read it out of curiosity and didn’t agree with my conclusions but were too polite to say anything. That’s ok. It happens sometime. We don’t always see things the same way. I just found it strange, the silence.

The next seven days are going to be the slowest of my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment