Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Praying For a Friend

I have a friend who will be having a rough morning. Her son is having his jaw surgically broken and moved forward to better accommodate breathing and growth etc.. It’s not life threatening, but as a parent you have to sit there in the waiting room while a bunch of doctors hurt your child, and this is the worst feeling in the world. If there was any way possible for you to hop up on that table and take his place you would do it in a New York minute. But you can’t. He has to walk this path himself while you agonize in the waiting room.

Pam and I have been lucky. Neither one of our kids ever had to endure something like this. They never had surgery of any kind. They had their share of stitches, broken bones and colds, along with one car accident, but nothing like this. Then there are the parents we know who have lost children, parents who have lived through the crucible of burying a child, the very darkest night of the soul. My heart breaks for them, no matter how much time may have passed, I’m sure they feel the loss still.

So, this morning I pray for my friend.

Meanwhile, Lucy seems frustrated with me…


“Must you make so much noise typing over there? Can’t you see that I am trying to snoozle?”


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Doug, your prayers are greatly appreciated. Please continue your prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, its not just prayers. I’ve been sending her some of my finest jokes off and on all day!!

    ReplyDelete