Sunday, August 8, 2021

Maine by the Numbers

Got back today around 1:45 after 40 days in Maine. The drive home took longer than the drive up by about an hour, roughly 14 and a half hours vs. 15 and a half hours. Both trips took their toll on my back and hamstrings, but we made it without incident. Tomorrow will be all about work. I will get into the office around 7:30 or so to face the music. But this evening I wish to recap Maine 2021 by the numbers…

3275 miles driven
52 miles paddled in the kayak 
Over 50 fish caught
Two rounds of very bad golf played
Three puzzles completed. This one by just Pam and me…



Half a dozen hook accidents while fishing, one which required me yanking the embedded hook out of my finger with a pair of pliers while in my kayak.
Dove into cold lake approximately 40 times, give or take
One broken toe
Five lures lost in an assortment of trees due to casting errors
$1925 spent in Mid-Coast Maine grocery stores
$1275 spent in a plethora of dining establishments 
Seven books read
Over 40 naps taken
Read over 500 email alerts from Zillow and Redfin informing me of houses for sale in Maine that I might be interested in.
Number of houses that I was interested in? Zero.
Number of times either Pam or I complained about how much our hips hurt. 176
Percentage of meals eaten on the screened in porch at the house. 100%
Highest temperature endured over entire 40 days in Maine? 82. Actually, we counted only two days in the 80’s. The rest of the time it was in the 70’s and even several days in the low to mid 60’s
Lowest morning temperature at Quantabacook? 48.

Number of days before we return? 54…and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment