Saturday, September 28, 2019

Highlights Of The Week

Highlights of the week of September 23-28

- Started shooting left handed, since my left eye sees better over distances and it has suddenly transformed my effectiveness. Have killed four and maimed two other squirrels since going lefty...a deadly adjustment in my campaign to plow a path of death and destruction through the squirrel community.

- Continued prodigious output on my latest literary effort, completing five chapters since Sunday.

- My friend who has cancer had a rough week, lots of negative reactions to her chemo. Her daily Dad Joke therapy wasn’t as effective as it has been in previous weeks, but the worst of it seems to be over for now and she is battling on, even sending me several thumbs ups and laughing emojis to this morning’s offerings:

What’s it called when they put an inmate into a cell with nothing but a deck of cards?

Solitaire confinement.

I began reading a horror story in Braille.

Something really bad is going to happen...I can feel it.

Then there was a twist that I didn’t see coming.

- Pam and I started watching the latest Ken Burns documentary on Country music. Amazing and fascinating. Although Burns could make a documentary about diarrhea fascinating as long as Peter Coyote’s voice is the narrator:

In the pre-dawn mist of the 3rd of September 1953, Ed Moszkawitz’s condition took a turn for the worse. With his wife cringing in a room down the hall, Ed’s diarrhea entered a new phase, having turned a color resembling magenta, which Ed thought might either be blood or the result of the strained beets he had eaten the night before. 

- Profitable week at the office, no doubt the result of the insanely expensive renovation project just completed by the Greenwood Girls. Of course, when I told my indomitable assistant to go out and buy a new chair for her office she returned with a beautiful striped, upholstered beauty that fit the space perfectly. Everyone who has seen it has raved about how great it looks. Price?  $59.99
Genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment