Friday, August 3, 2018

A Little Help Here....

I woke up this morning having no earthly idea what day it is. Not only do I not know what day of the month it is, there is confusion concerning which day of the week this happens to be. My first thought was that it felt a bit like a Wednesday. But, now I’m not sure. This is just one of the many delights of Maine.

This detachment from time takes a while to kick in. For me, it took longer this year for some reason. 2018 has been a Bear, for one thing. It began with an exploding dish washer, and was soon thereafter consumed with planning and paying for a wedding. So, maybe this year, the power of responsibility was more difficult to lay down. The force was strong with 2018! But, lay it down I have. I have finally reached the desired Maine vibe.

Today there’s the rickety scaffolding of a plan in place. We are planning on eating breakfast in Damariscotta at a place called Crissy’s...


Then, best that I can recall, we are headed into Rockland to visit the Breakwater Lighthouse...


That’s where it really gets fuzzy. I can’t remember if we are going into Camden late afternoon to take the walking tour which starts at the Library and ends at the Opera House, or if we’re just going to Riverducks for ice cream...or both. Or maybe we are climbing Mt. Battie this afternoon? 

It doesn’t matter really. 

I don’t even know what day it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment