Two Republican televised debates are now in the can, and although neither of them were actual, debates, we do know much more about these candidates than we did before. Thanks to the insufferable Donald Trump, they have also been the two must watched cable TV shows in history, which is either a good or bad thing, depending on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. Nevertheless, here's my up to date analysis of the candidates in no particular order:
1. Donald Trump will eventual get bored with this race and find some idiotic excuse to beg out.
2. John Kascich is angling for the job of token Republican in Hillary Clinton's cabinet.
3. Marco Rubio is looking more and more like the Republican's answer to JFK.
4. Mike Huckabee is an artful rube.
5. Ted Cruz needs to learn how to answer questions instead of making speeches.
6. Rand Paul looks so unhappy. Smile man, you're smart and right on most of the issues!
7. Chris Christie comes across as way too New Jerseyian.
8. Carly Fiorina is one bad-a## woman. She has the cahones that Jeb Bush is looking for.
9. Jeb Bush. See #8 above.
10. Scott Walker is a disappointment.
11. Ben Carson is a wonderful person and might even be a good President, but he's just a bit too soft spoken and deliberate for my tastes.
So, there you have it. My ideal ticket for 2016 at this point would be Rubio/Fiorina...in any order you prefer. Time will tell.