Wednesday, November 25, 2015

25 Things I'm Thankful For.

What am I thankful for on this the greatest of days in 2015?

1. Indoor plumbing, since 40% of my fellow human beings don't have it.
2. Good health, right shoulder not withstanding.
3. A prosperous business.
4. A daughter with the gift of teaching, a brilliant mind, and a terrific husband.
5. A ridiculously talented son with a sharp inquisitive mind and a tender heart.
6. A wife who is beautiful and supremely skilled at life.
7. My amazingly lovable dog.
8. Technology that allows me to stay closely connected to everyone I love.
9. This blog and the opportunities it avails me to express myself.
10. Every single one of the declared candidates for President since even the horrible ones can serve as a bad example.
11. To have been born an American, inheriting effortlessly by birth what millions of others have sacrificed everything to become.
12. Baseball, in all of its unhurried beauty.
13. Music, with its power to transform.
14. Lifelong friends, only a handful of them, but each has been a blessing.
15. Humor.
16. Central air and heat.
17. Being a part of a large and loving family of brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles and aunts, all of them dear to me.
18. Living in a country where I am free to write horrible things about our leaders.
19. Living in a country where my level of happiness is not dependent on which party controls the levers of power.
20. Vander Warner and others like him...accomplished and wise men of faith who have walked the walk, and shown the rest of us the way.
21. My parents, neither of whom are with us anymore, but still shine down on me from the power of their lives well-lived.
22. Advil, and Pepto-Bismol, two over the counter medications that provide the cure for what was the number one cause of death throughout the world a hundred years ago.
23. Cheese, bread and sausage, without which life would have no meaning.
24. The State of Maine from the first of June through the end of September.
25. The Ressurection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment