For all of you amateur doctors out there, (and boy, are there a lot of you), here are my symptoms:
1. Range of motion limited to parallel to the ground
2. Dull, aching pain all day, but much worse at night.
3. No tingling sensation or shooting pains down the arm
4. No popping or grinding sound when I move the shoulder.
5. Application of ice seems to do no good, but heat offers some relief.
6. At times, pain seems to increase in intensity with heartbeat, especially at night in bed, in other words pain seems to change from dull ache to throbbing pain at night.
7. High powered anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxers don't seem to help.
So, there you have it. The good thing about all of this is that I'm not worrying so much about my neck. The pain there is soooo yesterday!