Friday, April 3, 2015

Weekend Plans

Heading to Nashville today to spend the Easter weekend with my son. I'll be in the car for 9 and a half hours. At least it's a shiny red CTS and looks awesome. And at least there will be snacks. Still...9 and a half hours. Ugh...

Pam will be in the passenger seat, which is also awesome. She's always there, my wife. We've made lots of these sort of trips together. This is what our life has become, we bide time between weekend trips to visit our amazing children. She will stay busy by flipping through her iPad, and feeding me treats. 

Tonight, we will have my birthday dinner at a place called Mere Bulles in Brentwood, the three of us. I'm thinking either shrimp and grits or the chicken fried chicken. No diet this weekend.

There will be lunch at the Flying Saucer, an awesome beer-lovers eatery. There will be a homemade Easter meal cooked by my wife and my son in his kitchen, and we will get to meet the girlfriend.

Lucy will not be making this trip. We have hired someone to take care of her. She knows something is up. What is it with dogs and their suspicion/resentment of suitcases? I will be plagued by guilt for the first hour or so of the trip. Then, about the time we pass Charlottesville, I'll get over it and not give her a second thought, until we get into the car to head home Monday. Then, she will be all I think about.

Today on Facebook, people will graciously wish me a happy birthday. I will be surprised at how many there are and grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life. 

It will be a good day, a good weekend.

Then it will be time to plan our next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment