Friday, December 7, 2012

Silent Night, Holy Night

http://www.facebook.com/v/1173550190130





Many years ago, when Vander Warner was Pastor at Grove Avenue, I was asked to play Silent Night at a Christmas Eve service. The lights were dimmed, and as I played, everyone would light a candle. Tradition tells us that the original performance of this song back in 1816 in Germany was performed in this way. Well, three years ago, Patrick insisted that I play it for him to record on his i-phone so he could post it on Facebook. Despite the sound of the dryer running in the backgroud, I think it turned out pretty well.  I publish it here to get everyone in the Christmas spirit as we begin the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great night. Nobody does it better than you.
    By thw I'll never forget the Christmas Jane died. You brought your guitar out to my home with some others and sang and played. Precious memory.

    ReplyDelete